We should not underestimate or overlook the power of the Lord’s tender mercies. The simpleness, the sweetness, and the constancy of the tender mercies of the Lord will do much to fortify and protect us in the troubled times in which we do now and will yet live. When words cannot provide the solace we need or express the joy we feel, when it is simply futile to attempt to explain that which is unexplainable, when logic and reason cannot yield adequate understanding about the injustices and inequities of life, when mortal experience and evaluation are insufficient to produce a desired outcome, and when it seems that perhaps we are so totally alone, truly we are blessed by the tender mercies of the Lord and made mighty even unto the power of deliverance (see 1 Ne. 1:20).
-Elder David A. BednarOf the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

Friday, June 13, 2008

ABC Tag
A- Attached or single: Attached
B- Best Friend: Shiloh and Melissa
C- Cake or Pie: Cake, defiantly cake
D- Day: Saturday, Shiloh is home and because we work, or he works so hard during the week, I just try and play catchup, we try to make the week ends fun.
E- Essential item: chap stick, sunglasses, treats and MILK!
F- Favorite color: Red but I also really like brown
G- Gummi bears or worms: worms
H- Home town: Sandy, Utah
I- Indulgences: Mostly food especially desserts.
J- January or July: July, I hate to be cold and I love to be warm!
K- Kids: 3, two girls and a boy, except for the high pitched screaming coming from the boy right now, they are awesome!
L- Life is incomplete without: My Family, church and a good project to work on!
M- Marriage date: June 2, 2000
N- Number of siblings: 4
O- Oranges or apples: Oranges, Apples sometimes give me a upset stomach.
P- Phobias or fears: That I'm always going to be poor. I also have a strong diversion to rodents. Oh yea, that darn pulpit at church, I can make comments and teach a lesson but that pulpit terrifies me or maybe intimidates me is a better word.
Q- Quote: Every Christmas as a kid my dad would start getting really excited and start saying "I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised this year." We tease him about it now but I might just have to start saying it to my kids.
R- Reason to smile: love of my life, silly kids and the warm sunshine.
S- Season: Summer, like I said I hate to be cold. I really like the longer days, except for Gideon thinking he needs to wake up at 6:30 a.m. now, whats a mom to do. Oh and I have a special place in my heart for the 4th of July and this country. Even with all its problems I wouldn't live any were else.
T- Tag: Melissa or anyone who is looking for something to blog about.
U- Unknown fact about me: Sometimes when I'm cooking, especially when I am chopping with my great big cutco knife, I pretend that I am Rachel Ray and I have my own cooking show.
V- Very favorite store: You would think with the amount of money I have spend in that place it would be Wal-mart but it is definitely not Wal-mart. I like to grocery shop at Macey's but I,m a little bias because I use to work there. I also really like Tia Pan and ShiAnne just reminded me about the shops in Disneyland.
W- Worst habit: I think complaining and despairing but my husband says not unpacking from trips of hanging garbage sacks on door handles and leaving them there. (Like he has any room to talk.)
X-rays or ultrasounds: ultrasound, I have several of both but I have never had a good x-ray, I had to have ultra sounds on my knee when I was in physical therapy after I had knee sugary so those ultra sounds weren't that fun either but the baby ultra sound were so fun they far out way the others.
Y- Your favorite food: Tacos and milk
Z- Zodiac sign: Aries, I think, I guess I don't really care because I can't remember it for the world.

No comments: