-Hans Christian Anderson
This weekend has been such a fun time to celebrate those fairytales with friends. I started with a baby shower for my friend Debbie. She was due on June 22 but I guess baby Luke decided he wanted to really come to the shower too, so he decided to show up about a month early. He spent a couple hours right after he was born in the NICU but then he pinked right up and started breathing on his own so he was soon released form the NICU. He was able to go home with his mom. So we celebrated the birth of Debbie's first born with him there.
New mom Debbie holding her baby Luke.
Baby Luke
That night we were able to go celebrate at a wedding reception for one of my Young Women. The first time this happens you feel old but this is at least my third young woman to get married. When you become the young women's president at 23 this is bound to happen while you are still a hot young chick like me J/K. I still love going to wedding receptions. When ever I go to a wedding reception I think back to mine and Shiloh's wedding. I love looking back and remembering making those sacred covenants with Shiloh and all the love and excitement that I felt that day. I love looking at it from this side and knowing that it only gets better. I also love to watch the bride and groom glowing as they set out on the new chapter of their fairytale. This particular wedding just hit a little closer to home to me simply because although I love all my young women. I have always felt a closeness to Tammy (that the young woman's name). She reminded me of what I was like at her age. There wedding is two days before our 8th anniversary, so we got married at the same time of year and there reception like ours, was outside. So sitting there under the trees on a warm summer evening took me back to our wedding day, always a found memory.
Then today we took a little time to celebrate a special day in our fairytale. Gideon is 1. Happy Birthday little boy!!!
Gideon's favorite thing is balls, you could say he is his fathers son.
Mmmmmmm, Birthday Cake!!
Mesy, yet delicious!
4 comments:
What cute little boys. How big was Debbie's baby? And Gideon is so cute too! I can't believe he is a year old already. Wow!
Happy Anniversary by the way!
Debbie's baby was 15lb 15oz and 21 inches not to bad for a month early.
You might want to edit that comment. I think you meant 5 pounds. Can you imagine a 15 pound baby!
Okay you are right Debbie's baby was 5lb 15oz.
Post a Comment