We should not underestimate or overlook the power of the Lord’s tender mercies. The simpleness, the sweetness, and the constancy of the tender mercies of the Lord will do much to fortify and protect us in the troubled times in which we do now and will yet live. When words cannot provide the solace we need or express the joy we feel, when it is simply futile to attempt to explain that which is unexplainable, when logic and reason cannot yield adequate understanding about the injustices and inequities of life, when mortal experience and evaluation are insufficient to produce a desired outcome, and when it seems that perhaps we are so totally alone, truly we are blessed by the tender mercies of the Lord and made mighty even unto the power of deliverance (see 1 Ne. 1:20).
-Elder David A. BednarOf the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Slip 'n' Slide

I still don't know if I believe them but the kids decided it was warm enough to do some slip 'n' sliding today. Here is some cute pics I took of the fun. (This is Ahnika's last day with us. She has to go home tomorrow morning and I have to start entertaining the kids again.)


Our fearless slip 'n' sliders!




Lizzy



ShiAnne



Ahnika, look at that intense face. This is serious stuff.



Gideon, coming out to see what is so fun about this slip 'n' slid stuff?



WOW! that was an awesome run.



I like everything but the water in my face.



Ahhhh, sun bathing on the driveway to get warm. Don't you remember doing this when you were a kid?

1 comment:

Mama Bean said...

Ahh the days of child hood and cement butt swimming suits. I feel so old sometimes when I look how old our kids are and then fact that we have been out of H.S. for 10 years. 10 YEARS!!! Where has time gone. After we move I will call you and we can get together.