We should not underestimate or overlook the power of the Lord’s tender mercies. The simpleness, the sweetness, and the constancy of the tender mercies of the Lord will do much to fortify and protect us in the troubled times in which we do now and will yet live. When words cannot provide the solace we need or express the joy we feel, when it is simply futile to attempt to explain that which is unexplainable, when logic and reason cannot yield adequate understanding about the injustices and inequities of life, when mortal experience and evaluation are insufficient to produce a desired outcome, and when it seems that perhaps we are so totally alone, truly we are blessed by the tender mercies of the Lord and made mighty even unto the power of deliverance (see 1 Ne. 1:20).
-Elder David A. BednarOf the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

Thursday, July 3, 2008

20 year tag

20 years ago.....

1. I was 8 so I had just been baptised
2.I had an awesome fluffy pink dress with 14 rows of pink lace. (ya I
counted that lace at church many times and I still remember it.)
3. Lived in Sandy Utah and played with my cousins Bekah and Emily almost every day.

10 years ago.....

1. I just graduated from Good Old Jordan High School.
2. Started college at BYU summer roommate just so so but my fall room mates and ward made my first year there awesome.
3. I just remember being really happy and in love with life.

5 years ago.....

1. I had one little girl. ShiAnne was 1. That fall we would find out we were expecting Lizzy.
2. We lived in our little duplex in Orem.
3.I was serving as the Beehive advisor but that fall about the same time
I became pregnant with Lizzy I was also called as the Young Woman's
President. That was an awesome challenge, very grateful for it would do
it again in a heart beat.

1 year ago.....

1. We no longer lived in Orem. We had moved to our house in Eagle Mountain.
2. I just had our first little boy, Gideon.
3. we were getting ShiAnne ready to start kindergarten.

So far this year.....

1. Shiloh officially graduated from college. Well may be that was December of last year but close enough.
2. Shiloh traded in working full time and going to school, to working full
time and part time. He got a job package handling at FedEx.
3.We moved into the 21st century and got the Internet. I'm loving it. It makes me feel connected to the outside world.

Yesterday......

1. I sewed 4th of July outfits for my girls.
2. cleaned the house
3. loved my babies.

Today......

1. Sent my girls up to there cousin's house for the 4th of July celebrations with grandparents and other cousins. We will follow them up tomorrow.
2. Finally found and bought some brown sandals that will fit Gideons feet. The fat little things.
3. Stopped by the store and got some things I needed to make a very yummy salad for the fourth.

Tomorrow.....

1. Parade, water fight, fire works.
2. Family fun and visiting.
3. Lots of yummy food.

In the next year.....

1. A much looked forward to trip to So. California, Disneyland, Sea wold, the beach, that kind of stuff.
2. Maybe another baby on the way????? maybe, we'll see????? no promises!
3.Hopefully a better job for Shiloh. We sure hope to find a way out of
carpet and something that pays just a little better, so he doesn't have
to work quite so many hours.

No comments: