We should not underestimate or overlook the power of the Lord’s tender mercies. The simpleness, the sweetness, and the constancy of the tender mercies of the Lord will do much to fortify and protect us in the troubled times in which we do now and will yet live. When words cannot provide the solace we need or express the joy we feel, when it is simply futile to attempt to explain that which is unexplainable, when logic and reason cannot yield adequate understanding about the injustices and inequities of life, when mortal experience and evaluation are insufficient to produce a desired outcome, and when it seems that perhaps we are so totally alone, truly we are blessed by the tender mercies of the Lord and made mighty even unto the power of deliverance (see 1 Ne. 1:20).
-Elder David A. BednarOf the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

Friday, August 1, 2008

Book News

In the way of a little bit random post I thought I would up date you all on one of my previous post. In a tag I did earlier I stated the one of my goals was to actually finish reading a book because I have gotten in to a bad habit of starting books and not finishing them. Well give me a pat on the back last week I finally finished a book!!! The book is "Where Angels Fall" it is volume 2 of a series called The Great and Terrible by Chris Stewart. I listened to the fist one on tape so it didn't count for my goal of actually reading a whole book. I liked the book it is an LDS novel. The first book in the series is about the war in heaven and then this book is set just a little bit in the future from now and is kind of about government and peoples lives as the world gets more wicked leading up to the second coming. I believe that there are now 4 books out in this series.

In the way of other random book news this is Gideons new favorite book. I keep putting it back in the book case and he keeps getting it out and walking around the house looking at it. In case you can't tell or don't recognize it the book is the Duties and Blessing of The Priesthood. It seams like pretty heavy reading for such a little guy but I guess we have to teach these little ones while they are young it is a very wicked world they have to grow up in.

No comments: