We should not underestimate or overlook the power of the Lord’s tender mercies. The simpleness, the sweetness, and the constancy of the tender mercies of the Lord will do much to fortify and protect us in the troubled times in which we do now and will yet live. When words cannot provide the solace we need or express the joy we feel, when it is simply futile to attempt to explain that which is unexplainable, when logic and reason cannot yield adequate understanding about the injustices and inequities of life, when mortal experience and evaluation are insufficient to produce a desired outcome, and when it seems that perhaps we are so totally alone, truly we are blessed by the tender mercies of the Lord and made mighty even unto the power of deliverance (see 1 Ne. 1:20).
-Elder David A. BednarOf the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

Monday, October 13, 2008

Blessings


Answers to prayers: even the little ones. I offered a little prayer this week to find something that I needed to find before it became a big deal and shortly afterward I had an idea where to look and there it was.
Much needed and looked forward to vacations and a sister who makes it possible: Maybe I have gone on about this to much but we are very excited and it is very much looked forward to. Special thanks to Jill and Cameron who called several months ago and offered to pay for our hotel if we came with them. There for making the trip possible.

Gas prices that continue to fall: I know I have mentioned this before but they just continue to fall and and I have become obsessed with checking the price every time I go pass our gas station. As it continues to fall it is a happy little spot in my day. Silly, I know.
Doctors: I know I have mention this before but when my kids actually get sick enough to go to the doctors it is always so nice that they can make them and so many other people better. Lizzy had a head cold last week and this week it turned to some secondary infections. Her ears were infected, her throat was all red and sore and worst of all she had infection in her eyes that made them all goopy like new babies get only a lot grosser on a big kid. She is all better now.


No comments: