On Saturday the Kid's cousin, Ahnika got baptized. It was a great baptism and we congratulate her. Earlier in the week I had told the girls that we would be going to her baptism on Saturday, then latter in the car Lizzy and I had this conversation.
Lizzy: Mom when I get baptized, I'm not going to do it in the water.
Me: Lizzy you have to get baptized in water.
Lizzy: but when I get baptized I'm not going to do it in the water.
Me: well I guess your not going to get baptised then because you have to get baptized in the water.
Now is when I really started to pay attention. I don't remember what she said next but I realized she was afraid to go under the water.
Me: Lizzy you don't get baptized until you are eight and by then the water won't be scary.
Lizzy: Ya, but I'm going to get baptized like Derik did (Derik is another cousin). He didn't go in the water.
Lizzy and I were in the bathroom when Derik got baptized. We didn't see the actual baptism.
Later after the baptism I decided to talk to Lizzy about getting baptized again and she told me. "I could get baptized like that in the church I thought you had to go in the ocean or something. " While we were gone to California Shiloh's brother Stance returned from his mission to the islands of Cape Verde. We had been talking about how he didn't get to get in the ocean and he said, well I did get to go in for baptisms sometimes. Lizzy had herd this and thought you had to be baptized in the ocean. I was funny to see how she had put all the different thing she had seen and heard about baptism together. At the end the conversation we were talking about how you just go under the water and came right back out. She told me, "I think I need to have swim lessons again before I get baptised." Maybe we can work out some of these worries int he next 4 years.
Mindy McKnight’s Affiliate / Coupon Codes
3 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment