We should not underestimate or overlook the power of the Lord’s tender mercies. The simpleness, the sweetness, and the constancy of the tender mercies of the Lord will do much to fortify and protect us in the troubled times in which we do now and will yet live. When words cannot provide the solace we need or express the joy we feel, when it is simply futile to attempt to explain that which is unexplainable, when logic and reason cannot yield adequate understanding about the injustices and inequities of life, when mortal experience and evaluation are insufficient to produce a desired outcome, and when it seems that perhaps we are so totally alone, truly we are blessed by the tender mercies of the Lord and made mighty even unto the power of deliverance (see 1 Ne. 1:20).
-Elder David A. BednarOf the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Being Cheep and Brave

There had been a lot of fighting and tears about doing someones hair at our house lately and I thought it might be time for Lizzy to get a haircut but I had a dilemma. If we were going to cut her hair I didn't want it to just be a straight blunt cut but I'm also cheep and didn't so much want to pay for a haircut. I would rather use that money for Christmas. So being cheep I got brave and did it myself.
Before




After

I knew what I wanted it to look like when it was done so I went to work and gave her a little stacked bob. While it is far from perfect I thought I did a pretty good job for my first try. Next time I will try and stack it a little more and maybe make it a little more a-lined.
Also to note, I gave this hair cut almost a week ago and the crying over getting her hair done has stopped. Mission Accomplished!!!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Mama Bean said...

I am impressed!!! Good job. It is amazing what we can come up with when we are cheap. I love being cheap!

Cameron/Melissa said...

Good job! I am impressed as this is something I would never, ever, ever, try and do. But it looks good!

Jesse said...

Whoa, skills! Totally impressive. I would never dare! Way to go.

Jessica said...

Congrats on the hair and crying!! Rachel cries when I do her hair to but Craig would never let me cut it that short. He doesn't like Claire's hair that short but she did that to herself.

Flake Family said...

Wow!! Impressive, when can I bring Hailey over for her haircut??? So Cute! you did a good job. love you

Ron and Rachelle said...

Hey, guys. Thanks for the Christmas letter. Your blog is great! I'm excited to be able to keep up with your family, now. Happy new year!