Okay so Wednesday morning right after ShiAnne left for school Gideon and I were hanging out in the office. I was talking to him and watching him. (I was not even on the computer.) He was sitting on the window seat/edge of the bookcase and he reached down to grab something. His foot slipped and he fell off the window seat. I tried to catch him but there was a chair between us and I couldn't get to him. The fall didn't look to bad but he was holding a pencil, I guess this made him land on his hand and arm funny. I picked him up to love him better but he wasn't getting better. I knew right away that this wasn't a regular reaction he kept telling me his arm was owie. I turned on little people for him to see if the distraction would help him for get about it. His pillow was on the couch on the side that made him lay on his sore arm he kept trying to lay down and then he would cry that his arm was owie. I moved the pillow to the other side and he lay down and fell asleep. At 9 in the morning this was not a good sign. Sometime when it is a serious energy you will go to sleep to escape the pain. He slept for about an hour. After he woke up as soon as he tried to use his arm again he started crying so I new it was time to call the doctors. The told us we could come right in.
At the doctors the physician assistant (PA) saw us instead of the doctor because it was lunch time. This was a disappointment because he hardly said anything to us the whole time. It was good thing I had gone through this before when ShiAnne was about 17 months old. Gideon had broken his arm and that is about all I would have known if I had kept asking him question that I only knew to ask from my experience with ShiAnne.
The PA put a cast on him. Gideon really didn't like him touching him so that was a fun experience. Good thing it was during lunch time and there weren't other little kids there to listen to him scream but as soon as we were back in the lobby he was okay.
He is doing fine now ans he will get the cast off on June 12. The day before we go to Lagoon. Yay I worked it like that.
1 comment:
Poor Dude!! But way to time it!! Craig's headed to San Antonio for an interview next Monday and we start swimming lessons. YEAH!! For the summer. Rachel and Claire are out and we are ready to party. I hope we can make it up to see you all. OH and tell Shiloh that Craig applied for a job in Bluffdell!!!
Post a Comment