So today was the first day of school and here are the pictures.
ShiAnne's first day of 4th grade.
Lizzy's first day of 2nd grade.
When did they get so big? It makes me want to cry.
So this is our best first day of school story. To say that ShiAnne loves school and was soooo excited for the first day of school would be an understatement. She made a count down chain at the beginning of August and has been counting down ever sense. Lizzy just feeds off of her excitement. Last night the clothes were laid out and they were ready to go to bed. At 4 o'clock this morning I woke up to use to the bathroom and was pretty sure I could hear the girls talking down stairs. I decided to go and investigate. I was surprised when I saw that the light in their bedroom was on but them I was shocked when I opened the door and they were sitting in the middle of their room playing cards! WHAT IN THE WORLD! They told me they were to excited to sleep. Silly girls! I made them get back in bed and turn off the lights and guess what? They fell back to sleep. When I went up stairs I told Shiloh about this and we lay in our beds laughing. What kind of nerds are we raising? You would think it was Christmas or something.
Okay that was our funny story and this is our not funny story.
Yesterday afternoon Gideon was jumping off the couch like he does all the time. I didn't even think to tell him to stop this is a normal thing at our house but then he landed on his foot wrong and started crying. I could tell from his cry that it was a real hurt. He wouldn't walk on it at first but then last night he started hobbling around on it so I was hopping it would be alright in the morning. When morning came he wouldn't walk in it at all, so while the girls headed off to the first day of school we headed to the doctors office. The foot was swollen and the doctor was surprised when the ex-rays came back and there was no brake. He told us that usually in little kids the bone will give before the ligaments and tendons do but there was no brake to be seen so he wrapped it in an ace bandage, told us to how to take care of it and sent us home. Gideon wouldn't walk on it at all today. I am hopping he will do better tomorrow because that kid is heavy!
Yesterday afternoon Gideon was jumping off the couch like he does all the time. I didn't even think to tell him to stop this is a normal thing at our house but then he landed on his foot wrong and started crying. I could tell from his cry that it was a real hurt. He wouldn't walk on it at first but then last night he started hobbling around on it so I was hopping it would be alright in the morning. When morning came he wouldn't walk in it at all, so while the girls headed off to the first day of school we headed to the doctors office. The foot was swollen and the doctor was surprised when the ex-rays came back and there was no brake. He told us that usually in little kids the bone will give before the ligaments and tendons do but there was no brake to be seen so he wrapped it in an ace bandage, told us to how to take care of it and sent us home. Gideon wouldn't walk on it at all today. I am hopping he will do better tomorrow because that kid is heavy!
The girls had a great first day of school and I think we are going to have a great year!
1 comment:
They are really getting so big. Cute family. I still just smile every time I hear that playing cards at 4 in the morning story :)
Post a Comment