We should not underestimate or overlook the power of the Lord’s tender mercies. The simpleness, the sweetness, and the constancy of the tender mercies of the Lord will do much to fortify and protect us in the troubled times in which we do now and will yet live. When words cannot provide the solace we need or express the joy we feel, when it is simply futile to attempt to explain that which is unexplainable, when logic and reason cannot yield adequate understanding about the injustices and inequities of life, when mortal experience and evaluation are insufficient to produce a desired outcome, and when it seems that perhaps we are so totally alone, truly we are blessed by the tender mercies of the Lord and made mighty even unto the power of deliverance (see 1 Ne. 1:20).
-Elder David A. BednarOf the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My Story
I have been married to Shiloh for 8 years in June and we have three great Kids. ShiAnne is 6, Lizzy is 3 and a half, the half is very important, she will be 4 in about a month and Gideon will be 1 in less then two weeks. According to our kids Shiloh and I are old and thats good enough. Shiloh is the hardest worker I know. He works 15-16 hour days Mon. - Fri. but keeps the weekends open so we can have some good family time. The kids always ask, Mom when is it Dad's stay home day again?" Everyone loves Saturdays just for that reason! I'm lucky to have him. I just wish he could be home more.
As for me I'm a stay at home mom. Which so often means I don't stay at home but now that the school year is coming to an end things will slow down for a little while. But I love being a stay at home mom, I don't love being a maid, but I do love the rest of it and being at home with my kids. (Okay you caught me I don't really love cleaning up throw up, changing poopy diapers, listening to whining, getting up in the middle of the night, and having to count to five before I can get anyone to do any thing but the benifits and perks of the job are definitely worth it.)


3 comments:

Cameron/Melissa said...

I like your blog. Good job getting the internet. Now we can stay in contact that way!

Ina said...

We just got it yesterday and I have been thinking I need to write things down for a while and after reading Jesse's (Whitaker) blog it made me want to do one. You should check hers out. mydelovelies.blogspot.com very cute!

Mama Bean said...

This looks great. I am blog retarded, or I would have started one long ago!!! WE NEED TO HANG OUT.