We should not underestimate or overlook the power of the Lord’s tender mercies. The simpleness, the sweetness, and the constancy of the tender mercies of the Lord will do much to fortify and protect us in the troubled times in which we do now and will yet live. When words cannot provide the solace we need or express the joy we feel, when it is simply futile to attempt to explain that which is unexplainable, when logic and reason cannot yield adequate understanding about the injustices and inequities of life, when mortal experience and evaluation are insufficient to produce a desired outcome, and when it seems that perhaps we are so totally alone, truly we are blessed by the tender mercies of the Lord and made mighty even unto the power of deliverance (see 1 Ne. 1:20).
-Elder David A. BednarOf the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Date Night


On Friday My sweet husband called me to say he had a babysitter and we were going on a date. Yea!!!! I of course just like everyone love date night. Shiloh's brother Micah and his wife Amber took the kids and we headed off on our date. It started with dinner at Apple Bees and after we ate until we could eat no more we went to Indiana Jones 4. This movie has had mixed reviews from our family and friends but it was Indiana Jones we had to see it. So in my opinion.... it was really funny and who can resist that feeling that wells up inside of you when you here the Indiana Jones music? It just make me smile. I don't remember the other Indiana Jones movies being this funny but I have not seen them in a long time. It is one of those movies that you just sit down, relax, put the brain in neutral and enjoy the ride. The perfect movie to enjoy in the middle of a stressful week (which we had been having). It was a little science fictionee (ya that's a word) for Indiana Jones and you could see some of the plot line coming from a mile away but I really enjoyed the spoof on Indiana Jones being old and I laughed a lot. After the movie we ended our date with a trip to Walmart. Ya, I know, now your officially jealous but hey I needed some stuff, we were already in the Walmart parking lot, and I had no kids with me, how could I resist? All in all it was a really fun night, lucky me.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Craig and I had date night on Saturday. We put in plumbing, hung sheetrock, and had stayed up until 2 in the morning. All and all, I think, Shiloh has better ideas. But the sheetrock is up in the bathroom and Craig and coming home to float and tape today after work. YIPEE!! We almost have one more bathroom.