"Indeed, the trick is to enjoy the journey, traveling hand in hand, in sunshine and storm, as companions who love each other." -Gordon B. Hinckley, Standing for Something
We celebrated our eighth anniversary this week. Every year it feels the same, it has gone by in the blink of an eye yet it feels like we have been together forever. This years anniversary was extra fun. My sister took our kids for the night and most the next day and we were able to go stay the night at Anniversary Inn in Salt Lake. We went out to dinner at the Red Lobster on Monday night. We got specialty drinks and everything, after all we were celebrating. Tuesday morning we slept in, watched a movie and then Shiloh took me golfing. I have only bee golfing once before it was my freshman year of college on a first date, it wasn't so fun. So Shiloh thought it was time to take me golfing again. This time Shiloh was an excellent, patient teacher and while I'm not a natural we did have lots of fun. The best part was actually being able to have a real conversation with Shiloh, that he was awake for and no kids interrupted. I'm proud to say we didn't even talk about the kids that much. It was good for the soul to get away relax and really enjoy each others company for more then just a couple hours at a time. Did I mention it has been a great eight years and I love my husband, I feel so lucky to have him.
Mindy McKnight’s Affiliate / Coupon Codes
3 weeks ago
1 comment:
specialty drinks! Wow what a night! And the movies at the anniversary inn are fun too. Sounds like a great anniversary!
Post a Comment