We should not underestimate or overlook the power of the Lord’s tender mercies. The simpleness, the sweetness, and the constancy of the tender mercies of the Lord will do much to fortify and protect us in the troubled times in which we do now and will yet live. When words cannot provide the solace we need or express the joy we feel, when it is simply futile to attempt to explain that which is unexplainable, when logic and reason cannot yield adequate understanding about the injustices and inequities of life, when mortal experience and evaluation are insufficient to produce a desired outcome, and when it seems that perhaps we are so totally alone, truly we are blessed by the tender mercies of the Lord and made mighty even unto the power of deliverance (see 1 Ne. 1:20).
-Elder David A. BednarOf the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Gideon is 1!

I have been trying all week to find the time to do a little blog about Gideon for his birthday but I have had a busy week, so here it is. We love having Gideon in our family, while I adore my girls it is fun to experience a boy he is already different. He doesn't like the same toys they like. He could care less about dolls and my little ponies he wants boy toys, phones and mostly balls!! Even if I try and give him a doll to side track him while I change his diaper it doesn't work he just throws it to the side. I didn't want to drag this on so here is Gideon at one in a nut shell.
weight: 23.2 lbs.
height: 29.7 in.
light brown hair
brown eyes
Likes: balls, playing catch (he can actually trow the ball), phones, his family, food all types and going outside
words: hi, hello, and sometimes ball
Gideon crawls all over the place he will take about 3-5 steps and then decides it is easier and faster to crawl. He is learning how to turn around to go down the stairs and fold his arms.
He is a cute little boy and and we are so glad Heavenly Father sent him to be with us. We are the lucky ones.

No comments: