We should not underestimate or overlook the power of the Lord’s tender mercies. The simpleness, the sweetness, and the constancy of the tender mercies of the Lord will do much to fortify and protect us in the troubled times in which we do now and will yet live. When words cannot provide the solace we need or express the joy we feel, when it is simply futile to attempt to explain that which is unexplainable, when logic and reason cannot yield adequate understanding about the injustices and inequities of life, when mortal experience and evaluation are insufficient to produce a desired outcome, and when it seems that perhaps we are so totally alone, truly we are blessed by the tender mercies of the Lord and made mighty even unto the power of deliverance (see 1 Ne. 1:20).
-Elder David A. BednarOf the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Nice Morning

I'm not proud of it but my house is always a complete disaster area by Monday morning. This morning was no different. On Sunday we had dinner at Shiloh's parents house like we do every other Sunday but now that schools out the girls decided to convince Grandma Nyle (That's what they call her) it was time to sleep over again and of course it worked. So when we finally got around to going home it was just Shiloh, Gideon and me. On Monday morning I thought we were going to have a meeting at the bank (a whole different story I hope to tell you soon) but I didn't know what time it would be at so instead of hanging out in my pj I got dressed right away and got Gideon dressed. Then started to clean up the pig sty while I waited for Shiloh's call on the time of the meeting. We ended up needing to wait a day for the meeting but that is beside the point of this story. At 9:30 Gideon was being so grumpy and I couldn't think what he wanted he usually goes back down for a nap at about 11:00am but being tired of being grumped at I decided to lay him in his bed for a while and lucky for me he fell asleep. So here it was 9:45 and I had no kids around so I went to work and by noon I had ... are you ready for this .... ran two loads of laundry through the washer (one wasn't in the dryer yet), folded the two loads of laundry that were already washed and put them away, done the dishes including the ones that wouldn't go in the dish washer, wiped off the counter, wiped down the high chair,swept the floor, cleaned up the living room that had toys all over it, organized the kid movies that Lizzy like to destroy almost everyday, cleaned off the top of the entertainment center, unpacked Shiloh's bag from scout camp, (and he says its me that has the bad habit of not unpacking after a trip, he is just a guilty), cleaned up the office floor and made my bed, all by noon when I decided I was really hungry and it was time to eat lunch. It is amazing what you can get done when you don't have kids around and it is amazing what stays clean. I totally love my kids but it sure was NICE to have a morning with out them and recover from the weekend so quickly. Thanks Grandma Nyle!

2 comments:

Mama Bean said...

I love it!! It is amazing what stays put away, when it is not being pulled back out 2 nano-seconds after it was put in it's place. As sad as the day will be, I look forward to the kids in school, so I can get my stuff done and then just play play play when they are home.

Ina said...

Sorry to burst your bubble about kindergarden, but if you have to take Lima to school and pick her up like I had to with ShiAnne you don't get much more done. It always seamed like as soon as I got busy doing something it was time to go pick her up again. The other moms I have talked to feel the same way. Maybe 1st grade will be better.