We should not underestimate or overlook the power of the Lord’s tender mercies. The simpleness, the sweetness, and the constancy of the tender mercies of the Lord will do much to fortify and protect us in the troubled times in which we do now and will yet live. When words cannot provide the solace we need or express the joy we feel, when it is simply futile to attempt to explain that which is unexplainable, when logic and reason cannot yield adequate understanding about the injustices and inequities of life, when mortal experience and evaluation are insufficient to produce a desired outcome, and when it seems that perhaps we are so totally alone, truly we are blessed by the tender mercies of the Lord and made mighty even unto the power of deliverance (see 1 Ne. 1:20).
-Elder David A. BednarOf the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

Monday, July 21, 2008

Dumb Things

Do you ever do dumb things? You know the kind of things that make you wonder what is wrong with your brain? I did one today and I thought I was having such a good day. I have to preface this by letting you know that one of my calling in our ward is a Bear Den leader. All summer we have been having pack meeting Monday mornings at 9:00 in the park. I am a co leader and we have been meeting with the wolves so there is three leaders.
Okay now for my story: We had dinner at my parents house yesterday but that wasn't a long enough cousin fix for my girls so we brought Ahnika and Lia home with us to spend the night. I was going to Jocelyn's (their mom, my sister) house anyway, today so it seamed like the perfect time. They slept over, no problems. We got up this morning the kids played down stairs and I was so productive. I did the dishes, cleaned off the counters and table sweep the floor, picked up the living room, vacuumed, showered, got ready, got all five kids ready, including 4 little girl hair dos and was pulling out of the driveway by 10:40. That might have been world record time for me. I am not a morning person. I continued to make good time as we went to Walmart, got what we needed their, grabbed some lunch and arrived in time for swim lessons at 12:20. After swim lessons we headed to cousin's, where Jocelyn taught me how to sew pioneer bonnets for our up coming family reunion. Then on the way home I stopped at the store to pick up some stuff for dinner tonight and hurried home by 5:00. When I got home Shiloh was already home and I was recounting my busy day to him when all of the sudden I realized I had totally flaked out on cub scouts. How embarrassing!!!!! The other thing is I always feel a little like chaos around my co leader. She is a very nice lady but she is at least 10 years older then I am. She has three kids her oldest is about 18, her youngest is in almost 10 and in our bear den. So here it is with just her son all nice and calm and I am dragging three little kids with me to all the pack meeting. Nothing is ever really calm when you have three little kids. We did have two leaders there, that is all that is really needed and I wasn't in charge of anything but still to just not show up is pretty weak. So now I ask you, what is the right thing for me to do? What would you want me to do if you were this lady? Do I call her tomorrow morning and apologize for my airheadedness? Do I wait to apologize at church on Sunday which is the next time I will see her, or do I just crawl under a rock? When I do apologize, do I just say sorry I forgot about about cub scouts or do I give some sort of an explanation? When I give an explanation sometime I feel like I am trying to weasel out of something. When the truth was I just totally spaced it? So please tell me what would you do?
I feel like I sould sign off with this little post with somehting like,
Feeling dumb, in Eagle Mountain

3 comments:

Mama Bean said...

That is too funny. I am glad I am not the only person that blows things off wihout doing it on purpose. The primary president I served with just started to expect it from me. Though it took many phone calls apologizing and explaining my retardedness(is that a word). It depends on how comfortable you feel with her, you could call and tell her how great your day was going, or just wait until Sunday. It's prob not a big deal to her. PS. love the sign off. Mine would probably be huh? I had what today in Sandy.

Cameron/Melissa said...

Ha ha ha... And I thought I was the one who was supposed to lose my mind since I am pregnant. You can call and say sorry or just pretend you forgot. But you should probably call and say that you forgot and maybe throw in all the stuff about the extra kids that you took to "help out your sister." That would help you look like you had a good reason for forgetting.

Cameron/Melissa said...

It's not 110 degrees here. It is about 70 degrees and perfect.... And even if it was taco soup would still be my meal of choice. I am in love with taco soup...