This post is one of those that may be a bit too truthful but I am putting it all out there, I am not holding anything back. I am organizationally challenged. There I said it. Don't they say that admitting that you have a problem is the first step to recovery. Recovery does not seam like the right word in this case. Can you recover something you have never had?
I know that Heavenly Father gave us all different gifts and talents but the organization talent is one I missed out on and really wished I had. I know that Heavenly Father realizes I missed this one because I have served in a lot of callings and a lot of presidencies starting from the Behives on up and I have never once been called as a secretary, secretaries need to be organized. It is not that I would not like to be organized, it is not that I don't like it when things are organized. I just simply don't know how to do it and it overwhelms me. Yet remembering that if we work at it we can obtain new talents I continue to work at it.
This is where that a bit too honest part comes in. I spent a good part of today trying to organize the messiest part of my whole house. The spot I have been avoiding for lets just say way to long. It started falling apart while I was pregnant with Gideon.
Enter exhibit #1 the craft closet.
I know what a disaster area, how embarrassing!!!!
and I had already taken all this stuff out of the closet.
I did pretty good until I got to this far then I started felling really overwhelmed,
but I still had all this stuff to go through.
I struggled through and I finished. I got everything back in the closet. In a semi-organized matter.
Doesn't it look prettier now? Maybe I will be able to start getting some stuff ready for Christmas now. Did I just say Christmas? I know I shouldn't be thinking about it yet, but I am.
Shiloh says he wants to put up some more shelves in this closet but he also says he is making me a craft room down stairs. We will see which one happens first.
I'm sure this could be organized better. One time I watched a new gal in one of our presidencies reorganize our supply closet at church. It was a closet I had been in a million times. This closet was jammed packed and we were always trying to squish thing into it. She reorganized it in such a logical way and gave us more room. I was amazed. That is a talent I wish I had.
5 comments:
Organization is a completely relative idea. You're doing just fine.
I'm working on Christmas too. Yikes.
Good Job! I wish I had a "craft closet"...my stuff is in my room in the corner...it is in tupperware, and on a shelf...I guess that's pretty good! PS Thanks for House season 2!!! We started it last night!!
Organization isn't all it's cracked up to be. Then you freak out if something is out of place. And YES to the fair. Let's have some fun!!! What time of day? I am assuming evening b/c of the kiddo's in school?
Proud of you!!! Good job!
I wish I was having that much success in my house!!
Post a Comment