We should not underestimate or overlook the power of the Lord’s tender mercies. The simpleness, the sweetness, and the constancy of the tender mercies of the Lord will do much to fortify and protect us in the troubled times in which we do now and will yet live. When words cannot provide the solace we need or express the joy we feel, when it is simply futile to attempt to explain that which is unexplainable, when logic and reason cannot yield adequate understanding about the injustices and inequities of life, when mortal experience and evaluation are insufficient to produce a desired outcome, and when it seems that perhaps we are so totally alone, truly we are blessed by the tender mercies of the Lord and made mighty even unto the power of deliverance (see 1 Ne. 1:20).
-Elder David A. BednarOf the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Flashback Fridays

In an attempt to organize my life I want to start some regular post. This will be one of them. Stay tune if you have been a part of my life in the past and I know you read my blog you may show up.
But today an ode to my first car, my first step towards freedom and adventure, my '79 Chevy Nova. I love this car. Aaahhh the memories.

4 comments:

Cameron/Melissa said...

remember almost blowing up both our old cars when we tried to jump start the nova with the connections crossed? Oh the days....

Mama Bean said...

Oh baby. That car is a man magnet. The memories and accident (well more like a dust cleaner), the singing and cramming of bodies. Ahh the good old times.

Jesse said...

Oh. My. Gosh. Big Blue! I was just thinking about this baby this morning. I was on the way to a Visiting Teaching appointment, and we passed a car for sale that was old and large. The first thing that entered my mind was memories of you and this car.

Jessica said...

I love that car!! OH the memories!!