We should not underestimate or overlook the power of the Lord’s tender mercies. The simpleness, the sweetness, and the constancy of the tender mercies of the Lord will do much to fortify and protect us in the troubled times in which we do now and will yet live. When words cannot provide the solace we need or express the joy we feel, when it is simply futile to attempt to explain that which is unexplainable, when logic and reason cannot yield adequate understanding about the injustices and inequities of life, when mortal experience and evaluation are insufficient to produce a desired outcome, and when it seems that perhaps we are so totally alone, truly we are blessed by the tender mercies of the Lord and made mighty even unto the power of deliverance (see 1 Ne. 1:20).
-Elder David A. BednarOf the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Good Friends

Melissa and her family came in town last week. Melissa and I have been friends half of our lives. We meet in 9th grade and became friends when I ran her into a wall at a haunted house and broke her nose. Then latter, when we were 16 we went to EFY together and that is were we met her husband Cameron. After Shiloh and I got married we moved in right next door to them and now that they live in California Melissa and I talk on the phone all the time.

It was fun to have Melissa and Cameron and there little girls, Ali 6 and Ashling 3, in town. On Monday while Shiloh was working and Cameron was hiking we got to hang out and take the kids out to lunch and swimming. The girls played great together, which wasn't the case when when ShiAnne and Ali were little. Then on Wednesday my crazy sister took all of our kids and we got to go out with out any kids. We went to dinner at the Cheese Cake Factory and then went and walked around the Gate Way Mall just window shopping and visiting.


It was a lot of fun and we can't wait to see them again when we go to California in October.

2 comments:

Cameron/Melissa said...

It was fun. I wish ShiAnne and Lizzy were closer because we needed some friends over today and no one was home. I could use a friend too. I need to get out of my house but there is no where to go....

Jesse said...

How fun. I remember those two!