Usually I can look at a situation maybe study it out if needs be, then make a decision and move forward with it in confidence. After being at times around people, who struggle with this I almost pride myself in it and when I can't do this, it drives me crazy. Well lately I have been driving myself crazy. ShiAnne has been doing gymnastics for over two and a half years now, always at the same gym. We have both really liked it. She is part of the advanced group that they have to be invited to be in and preps them for team. She has fun and has never complained about going.
I think it has been a really good thing for her. She is the smallest kid in her class which can be hard on a kid but I think it helps her that she is as strong and coordinated as anyone else, so despite being small she can keep up with everybody. Lately I have been thinking about taking her out of gymnastic, maybe trying something new like dance or soccer in the spring. (I have a rule one extra activity per child or we are just going to be to busy.) I have gone back and forth on this for months. I asked her what she wanted and she wanted to stay in gymnastics and learn flips. So okay we will stay in gymnastics. Than after not going for two week because of our vacation she tells me I think I want to try something new. After going back to gymnastics she wasn't so sure but I was just not feeling satisfied with the gymnastics. I think it is because When school started this fall they advanced a whole bunch of younger girls up into her class but I felt like it made ShiAnne go backwards because she was more advanced they were but had to go back down to the level the rest of the class was at. Other moms that had little girls at the same stage as ShiAnne were feeling it too. I felt a little like it was a wast of time and money so between Shiloh, ShiAnne and I we had made a decision and with some in trepidation I was going forward with it. We would finish up November at gymnastics, Take crazy, busy, December off from everything and then start dance in January everyone was good with this plan.
Enter Wednesday at gymnastics and a new reason to change my mind. I was innocently sitting on the bench at gymnastics Wednesday talking to my friend about the fact that I thin k we might be done doing gymnastics when ShiAnne coach Miss. Nik (who happens to be our bishops wife) comes and tells me that she heard a nasty rumor that we might be quiting but that she wanted to invite ShiAnne to pass offs so she could move up to the next level. Level 4 where you can become part of the actual team and have the chance to start competing but most importantly where you learn to do flips. You have to be invited to go to pass offs and then be able to do the skills to move up to the next level. This was saying good things about how ShiAnne was doing. It also opened up a whole new box of decisions and options and challenges, like am I ready to have her compete, how dedicated do we want to be to this, can we afford it and on and on but after gymnastics when I went to talk to Miss. Nik about some of my concerns she just kept telling me that we should come to pass offs and we could work things out. Most importantly if she moves up to the next level they will be pushing her again and I will feel like the class is productive again. So as of now if she can complete pass offs we are going to stick with gymnastics. Pass offs are Tuesday night so wish ShiAnne luck and we will let you know how it goes.
p.s. I should have some really cute gymnastics pic of ShiAnne to post with this but at last I have no new gymnastics pic of her. I will work on that and post them with Tuesdays result.
Mindy McKnight’s Affiliate / Coupon Codes
3 weeks ago
4 comments:
Don't you love how that works. You make up your mind and think what you are doing is great and final but alas it isn't. GOOD LUCK!!!
Maybe that is why you couldn't feel 100% about the decision. That would be fun but probably a lot of work too. But competitions could really be fun to attend and watch too. Good luck to Shianne.
I usually am my own downfall for the cell phone too.... I will call you but probably not today. I want to find out about gymnastics after today. isn't it funny that in this day and age we can not memorize anyone's number to save our lives?
Wow!! Good for her. I need to get Hailey into something. I am so lazy.
Post a Comment