We should not underestimate or overlook the power of the Lord’s tender mercies. The simpleness, the sweetness, and the constancy of the tender mercies of the Lord will do much to fortify and protect us in the troubled times in which we do now and will yet live. When words cannot provide the solace we need or express the joy we feel, when it is simply futile to attempt to explain that which is unexplainable, when logic and reason cannot yield adequate understanding about the injustices and inequities of life, when mortal experience and evaluation are insufficient to produce a desired outcome, and when it seems that perhaps we are so totally alone, truly we are blessed by the tender mercies of the Lord and made mighty even unto the power of deliverance (see 1 Ne. 1:20).
-Elder David A. BednarOf the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thankgiving

For some crazy reason Shiloh and I volunteered to host Thanksgiving at our house. This was after we were told it would be a smaller thanksgiving this year. I should and do know better than to think a smaller Thanksgiving means a small Thanksgiving nothing with the J* is small, actually some of the S* are coming to. So in one week we will play host to between 40-45 people for Thanksgiving dinner. It is a little crazy but I am actually really excited sometimes my cleaning habits need a little encouragement and I have been joking for a while that it must be time to move again. This is the longest we have ever lived anywhere and I really need to reorganize and de-junk. Before I have always just done this when we moved. In someways it is easier to do it when you move but we are not going to move anytime soon and his is giving me the momentum to get some work done and getting some other projects done around here too, such as I finally made curtains for the girls room yesterday. Yes that would be the room they have been living in for about a year now. See how encouragement works. So our house will be deep cleaned and sparkling just in time for the Christmas season. I'm really excited for that! The only slightly down side to this whole thing is Shiloh is working on a huge job right now which is good because it will be Christmas money but his jobs around the house aren't getting done and some of his need to be done before I can get mine done. Wish me luck on getting Shiloh to get his jobs done so I can get my jobs done. And in a week from now come one come all Thanksgiving Dinner will be served in my basement 1:00 p. m. ish. Bring enough food to share.

No comments: