We should not underestimate or overlook the power of the Lord’s tender mercies. The simpleness, the sweetness, and the constancy of the tender mercies of the Lord will do much to fortify and protect us in the troubled times in which we do now and will yet live. When words cannot provide the solace we need or express the joy we feel, when it is simply futile to attempt to explain that which is unexplainable, when logic and reason cannot yield adequate understanding about the injustices and inequities of life, when mortal experience and evaluation are insufficient to produce a desired outcome, and when it seems that perhaps we are so totally alone, truly we are blessed by the tender mercies of the Lord and made mighty even unto the power of deliverance (see 1 Ne. 1:20).
-Elder David A. BednarOf the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Woes

I have been sitting here debating if I should post something or clean my house. I guess posting something won. I've been wanting to post something but I have camera woes right now. Last Saturday not under my watch but under the watch of a person that will remain unnamed and who was reading a book. Gideon climbed up on top of the desk got my camera and broke it. I was pretty mad when I found out, so the person who will remain unnamed told me I could buy a new one that day but I decided that wasn't the smartest way to buy a new camera. I really want to research which one I wanted to buy. So on Sunday my sister in law Amber offered to lend us there extra camera until we decided what to do. So I think I will take her up on that one and save up so we can get a nice one for my birthday. Right now my birthday seams a long way away. So my first question is do any of you have camera you really like or really hate. I am looking for some advise on what camera to get and remember we still haven't found our money tree.
My second woe is also a camera woe. For Christmas ShiAnne got a camera from Santa but the elves must have gone on a cookie break in the middle of making it because it just does not work right. It doesn't turn on then it doesn't turn off and even when it is off it drains the batteries in like 2.5 seconds. So Santa brought it to her and I can't just tell her that I guess I didn't spend enough money on it and that it is a piece of junk. I have to keep the magic a live. So second question. I think I will have to make up the camera blunder for her birthday. Have any of you bought a camera for you little kids that you loved or hated. I need some advise on what camera to buy next time. I can't mess it up again.
My third woe has nothing to do with cameras it is not really a woe at all more like venting and looking for suggestions. When Shiloh was called into the young men's presidency I knew immediately that he would be going on a lot of camping trips and that that meant a lot of Friday nights he would not be home. More then anything I want him to do his calling and I want to be as supportive of him in his young men's calling ans he was of me in my young women's callings. I know these calling take a lot of time but they are also a lot of fun. It is not so fun being the person sitting at home while they are gone doing all these fun things. So anyways back to the point. I knew that there would be a lot of Fridays night he would be gone so immediately I started planning my counter defence, not against Shiloh or young men's but against Satan. Who I new was going to try to make me feel bad when I was spending all these Friday night alone. I had a plan it is a plan that works. First I don't make dinner extra work was not going to help the situation. We get pizza of fast food what ever we are in the mood for and rent a movie that girls and I can enjoy together. We make a night out of it with treats or what ever we want to eat. The girls sleep in the living room on the air mattress which they think is like the best thing ever. So I don't have the usual bedtime stuff to go through and if Lizzy wakes up at night which she still sometimes does I don't have to go all the way down stairs. We have a little party. This plan seams to work. Friday nights are just fine. What I didn't plan on was what to do on Saturday. I thought for some reason that he would be home from these trips by noon or one o'clock. Cleaning up and getting everyone ready would take care of this time. Saturday is our family day. I love Saturdays. He dose not get home by noon or one o'clock. He may not be home until six o'clock today. That is the whole day. The whole day for Satan to whisper in my ear about how this sucks. That is not good. What do I do? How do I stay positive? If I make this day just like every other day of the week I might have serious break down before next Saturday comes around again. I'm not upset that he is doing his calling I just need a plan of how to fight off Satan. I really don't like that guy! Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Suzie said...

Hallie would LOVE to have a playdate with your girls! do you want to try and do something today? Call me.

Amber said...

I will have the camera ready for you! Just stop by if you need it or I will bring it next sunday to Mom's! If I am ever that way (not usually) I will stop by! We are loving season 4 of House! Thanks again!!

Mama Bean said...

WE love love love our camera we got for Christmas. I think it is about $215 at Sears. We did research for months because our other camera SUCKED!!! It is a Canon powershot SX110 IS. AND if you ever need a break, remember that my hubs works EVERY Friday night. I would love to change it up too! Thanks for fun last night!!