We should not underestimate or overlook the power of the Lord’s tender mercies. The simpleness, the sweetness, and the constancy of the tender mercies of the Lord will do much to fortify and protect us in the troubled times in which we do now and will yet live. When words cannot provide the solace we need or express the joy we feel, when it is simply futile to attempt to explain that which is unexplainable, when logic and reason cannot yield adequate understanding about the injustices and inequities of life, when mortal experience and evaluation are insufficient to produce a desired outcome, and when it seems that perhaps we are so totally alone, truly we are blessed by the tender mercies of the Lord and made mighty even unto the power of deliverance (see 1 Ne. 1:20).
-Elder David A. BednarOf the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I think we are in Trouble.....

I got home from my church meetings tonight, got the girls to bed, sat down at the computer and found a note ShiAnne had written on the desk. It made me laugh. So I thought I would share.
First I will type it just as she has written and then I will translate if you can't read first grader.


Der Braden
you are a good
fred. you are
speshl. Bradin
I Jest
wont to
tell you a
store yesdr
day I was
in the
Bafroom and
I thot obt
the thing
toat you
say to
me obt
mesing me
so that
mad me
mes you
Love
ShiAnne


Translation

Dear Braden,
You are a good friend. You are special. Braden I just wanted to tell you a story. Yesterday I was in the bathroom and I thought about the thing that you said to me about missing me, so that mad me miss you.
Love,
ShiAnne

If she doesn't take it to school tomorrow I think I might put it away and save it for ever.

1 comment:

Mama Bean said...

Photocopy that letter! That is so dang cute.