We should not underestimate or overlook the power of the Lord’s tender mercies. The simpleness, the sweetness, and the constancy of the tender mercies of the Lord will do much to fortify and protect us in the troubled times in which we do now and will yet live. When words cannot provide the solace we need or express the joy we feel, when it is simply futile to attempt to explain that which is unexplainable, when logic and reason cannot yield adequate understanding about the injustices and inequities of life, when mortal experience and evaluation are insufficient to produce a desired outcome, and when it seems that perhaps we are so totally alone, truly we are blessed by the tender mercies of the Lord and made mighty even unto the power of deliverance (see 1 Ne. 1:20).
-Elder David A. BednarOf the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

25 Random Things

1. I love my BBQ. Yes I did say MY BBQ.
2. I call my self a jack of all trades a master of none or an A.D.D. crafter. I do a little sewing, a little painting, a little scrap booking, and little of thins a little of that but a master of none.
3. I love sun glasses.
4. I love chapstick.
5. I am very particular about my pillow and blankets but once I get them right I sleep like a baby.
6. I hate to pack.
7. I love to go on vacation!!!!!!!!
8. I have never had a pedicure but really want one.
9. I am extremely practical, hence the never having had a pedicure, not very practical. I think this is more out of necessity then any thing but it comes pretty natural to me.
10. I am horribly unorganized, no matter how hard I try.
11. I forget things all the time.
12. I asked Shiloh out on our first date.
13. I love to play games, all sorts, except Ticket to Ride it makes me too mad.
14. I love holidays.
15. I wish I could sing. I sing a lot at home but I can't carry a tune.
16. I have been naming me babies sense I was 12. I am obsessed with names and Shiloh and I have decided that I should right a baby naming book someday. Not one with just names but lots of stories and advise on how to name a baby. My first piece of advise would be to not name you baby anything that could be interpeted as "why don't you just hit the volleyball at my face" You know the names I'm talking about.
17. I love blankets.
18. I hate winter.
19. I like to work with my hands.
20. I hate paper work such as rebates and insurance papers.
21. I use to be really out going. The older I get the more that goes away. I hate that. I wish I could still be really out going and have lots of friends.
22. My favorite colors are red and yellow.
23. I lived in a tent for three months.
24. I just got called as my ward young womens camp director. This is a dream calling.
25. I think FB should have spell check. Maybe it does and I just haven't found it yet.

3 comments:

Cameron/Melissa said...

good job on your list.

Jesse said...

Love the list.

I'm completely coveting your calling right now. I don't know what I have to do to get back to girl's camp. Maybe if we weren't moving around all the time...

Ina said...

Jesse, When I was sitting in church after I got called I felt like I had been called home. I love Young Womens and I love girls camp. It is being done on a stake level this year. A little differnt then I am use to, so we will see how that goes but next year I will get more control again.