We should not underestimate or overlook the power of the Lord’s tender mercies. The simpleness, the sweetness, and the constancy of the tender mercies of the Lord will do much to fortify and protect us in the troubled times in which we do now and will yet live. When words cannot provide the solace we need or express the joy we feel, when it is simply futile to attempt to explain that which is unexplainable, when logic and reason cannot yield adequate understanding about the injustices and inequities of life, when mortal experience and evaluation are insufficient to produce a desired outcome, and when it seems that perhaps we are so totally alone, truly we are blessed by the tender mercies of the Lord and made mighty even unto the power of deliverance (see 1 Ne. 1:20).
-Elder David A. BednarOf the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Lizzy's Funny

The other day we went to BYU. I had to go to exchange our BYU basketball tickets for another night. They let you do that but you have to go to the ticket office to do it. I took Lizzy, Gideon and my niece Kalli, who is 14, (she didn't have school that day) with me after we exchanged the tickets and then we went over to the book store to get some cute totes bags that we really like and knew they sold for cheep. We got done with our purchases right in between classes. I any of you went to BYU you know that between class there is a steady line of student going both direction right through the BYU book store. We needed to cross this line of student to get out of the store. Gideon was in the stroller but Lizzy was walking. We had to wait a minute to get get a brake and be able to cross the masses of student. As we were waiting Lizzy got distracted and started looking at something. All the sudden we got a break and broke across the line of students. Kalli and I looked make to make sure Lizzy had made it. She hadn't. She was standing on the other side of the line of students and in typical Lizzy style started panicking immediately. All the sudden she just yelled, "HEY, GET OUT OF MY WAY!" Well it worked, all the student started laughing but they let her through. I think we made some people's day. I guess what ever works for a 4 year old. It gave Kalli and me a chuckle too. I sure love my Lizzy!

3 comments:

Ron and Rachelle said...

Hey guys, your blog is great! It's fun to see what a little boy of yours looks like. Maybe your guy will not be too rough...but don't count on it;) It's fun to have a girl now, but the boys are fun!

Jesse said...

A girl who can take care of herself. I love it!

Jill Freestone said...

reminds me of princess bride, "every body move!" love it - great laugh! i was so excited I found your blog. I tried calling once, but I lost the address in your christmas letter and had been meaning to find your blog - we miss you guys!! Nice to catch up a little bit!