So this happened a while ago and I really wanted to blog about it but I don't know what happened to the last month and a half. The Girls Grade school decided to have a story telling festival. It was there first one and each grade approached it a little differently. In Kindergarten if you wanted to do it you could but if you didn't you didn't have to. Lizzy said she didn't want to and I didn't push it but after ShiAnne's experience, if they do it again next year I am sure she will want to do it. Any way back to the point ShiAnne's teacher first turned it into a writing assignment, to write a true story about themselves, rough and final drafts. After they finished with the writing part of the assignment any one in the class who wanted to could stand up and tell there story. They had to tell there story from memory. Of course, ShiAnne got up and told her story. The story was about when she was little and fell in the pond in Grandpa's back yard (she is not the first and probably won't be the last). After everyone got done telling their stories her classmates vote one boy and one girl to go on to the second grade competition. ShiAnne was voted to go on. Parents were invited to the second grade competition, so of course I went and listened. One boy and one girl from each class told there stories in front of all the second graders and a panel of judges. This time the judges critiqued them and decided who got to move on. Out of all the girls ShiAnne was picked and about a week latter got to tell her story in front of whole school along with one boy and one girl from each grade. This time it wasn't a competition just a performance. It was really exciting for her and she did awesome. I just love to watch this girl shine.
Mindy McKnight’s Affiliate / Coupon Codes
3 weeks ago
3 comments:
Good for her!
way to go! glad she got the experience!
So cute! Sounds like she did awesome!
Post a Comment