We should not underestimate or overlook the power of the Lord’s tender mercies. The simpleness, the sweetness, and the constancy of the tender mercies of the Lord will do much to fortify and protect us in the troubled times in which we do now and will yet live. When words cannot provide the solace we need or express the joy we feel, when it is simply futile to attempt to explain that which is unexplainable, when logic and reason cannot yield adequate understanding about the injustices and inequities of life, when mortal experience and evaluation are insufficient to produce a desired outcome, and when it seems that perhaps we are so totally alone, truly we are blessed by the tender mercies of the Lord and made mighty even unto the power of deliverance (see 1 Ne. 1:20).
-Elder David A. BednarOf the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

Monday, July 14, 2008

Me and my list of three.


Joys

1. You have got to say it and everyone says it but it doesn't make it any less true. My family is my joy. I looooove my kids. It is so fun to watch them learn, grow and experience new things and it is so fun to see and hear their excitement. I also love
my cute Hubby. Taking a quote that Lizzy kept saying to day, "Daddy is the best man ever!" I totally agree.
2. I love to project with my hubby Shiloh. Whether it is building a piece of furniture,finishing a room in the basement, or our current project refinishing the table it is fun to work with him. We don't always know what we are doing but we always work well together and it is fun to bounce ideas off each other and visit as we work.
3. Summertime!!! Bring it on!! warmth, no school, BBQs,family reunions, summer nights, camping, Sunday afternoon walks, everyone being outside, the sound of kid's voices drifting on a summer breeze, 4th of July, no coats and so much more.

Fear

1. I think I have mentioned some of these before. Always being poor. Need I say more.
2.That darn pulpit at church. I don't mind teaching lessons but that pulpit terrifies me. I think subconsciously I think that if you are standing at that pulpit talking you should know what you are talking about and that is a lot of pressure.
3. I worry that my teeth will fall out. I don't have good teeth and I have not been to the dentist for so long, it is to many years to number. Self employment, mixed with personal health insurance (for you who have never been on it it is crappy stuff), mixed with no money leads to no dentist appointments.

Goals

1. I have had a very personal goal I have been working on for about a month and a half now. I call it kicking it up a notch. I think Pres.Hinckley called it, "raising the bar" or "trying a little harder to do a little better." I just want to try a little harder an do a little better in everything. Keep the house cleaner , make the yard nicer, play with the kids better, serve in my callings better, be happier, find more joy in life, stop being a bum. I think you get the idea. Well sometime I do good and sometime I could do better but at least I keep trying. I have cut my T.V. watching time down by at least 75% maybe more and that is probably the best part of the whole thing.
2. I would like to be able to travel. This may not be the time or season for that but my patriarticle blessing promises me that some day it will happen, Now I've just got to live up to that blessing. See the reason I needed to try a little harder to do a little better.
3. I have a really bad habit right now of starting a book and not finishing it. I use to read all the time and I liked it and I think I still do but I seam to get sidetracked. So right now I am in the middle of "Where Angels Fall" the second book in a series called "The Great a the Terrible" and my goal is to finish it. I listened to the first book on tape in the car. I have listened to several books on tape but I haven't actually finished reading any book lately besides the BOM. At least I read that one.

Obsession

1. Blogging. I spend way to much time on this thing.
2.Food. I really like food. I try to control this obsession but it doesn't always work. I am an emotional eater. I know it and I enjoy it. When it is time to elebrate, lets have some good food. When I have had a bad day, lets wallow in some sweet food, When it is summer time lets BBQ. When summer turns to fall lets welcome it with pumpkin bread. At Christmas time lets eat it all and so on and so on.
3. Closing the bathroom doors. That is right Gideon is at that age when he like to play in the toilet. So I am always checking to make sure the bathroom doors are closed.

Random Facts

1. I am a jack of all trades a master of none or a A.D.D. crafter. I like to dabble in everything but can't stay focused on just one thing. What it rally is, is that I rally like to work with my hands.
2. I have been naming my babies sense I was 12 years old. I have always paid attention to what people name their babies and I am always on the look out for a new name that I like. I have roped Shiloh into this game too. I don't know what I am going to do when we are done having kids I have been playing this game for so long. I thought about convincing my kids that I got to name there first born child. Do you think it will work? J/K. I also like to know why or how they picked their baby's names.
3. I case you haven't noticed I am wordy. I always have been. I always will be. I could always make my papers and Shiloh's papers, in school, stretch out to be however long they needed to be.

Anyone who reads this is considered tagged!! I will following up on your blogs to see what you all had to say!! Besides, we all seem to talk about our families and sometimes not enough about ourselves. Brag time.

1 comment:

Mama Bean said...

Good job!! I am a food lover too, to bad I don't look as good as you!!!